Borobudur Marathon implements a corral system to help runners achieve their personal best. Runners will get a bracelet according to the estimated finish time that has been submitted at registration. Bracelets will be distributed during Race Pack Collection. During the race, participants who use a bracelet are expected to enter the corral start according to each category.
In addition to enforcing Cut Off Time and Cut Off Points with discipline and firmness, Borobudur Marathon also applies for a blue line. Blue line is depicted along the marathon route to show runners the fastest and most efficient route to the finish line. Things you should know from the blue line:
- Blue line is mostly only made for marathon distance routes.
- The main function of the blue line is to guide runners to run according to the specified route and the distance that has been verified, which is 42.195 kilometers. So, if you run later following the blue line, the distance will be according to the standard.
- It motivates runners and road users to try running a marathon on a measured and certified route.
- Blue line is often used in big world marathons and Borobudur Marathon is the first marathon race in Indonesia that uses a blue line to guide the runners since 2018.
Cut Off Point
Cut Off Point is a location point in the race route, which must be passed by all participants in certain categories within a predetermined time limit.
|Marathon (42.195 KM)||KM 21.1 (3 hours 30 minutes)|
|KM 35 (5 hours 50 minutes)|
|Half Marathon (21.0975 KM)||KM 15 (3 hours)|
Cut Off Time
Cut Off Time is the longest time limit for participants to complete all distance of the race by passing at the end of the race route (finish line).
|Marathon (42.195 KM)||7 hours|
|Half Marathon (21.0975 KM)||4 hours|
Frequently Asked Questions
Cut Off Point (COP) is a point where all runners need to pass within a certain time limit.
In Borobudur Marathon 2020, we will enforce COP in Marathon and Half Marathon categories. Therefore, Marathon & Half Marathon participants who arrive at any of the COPs after the specified time limits mentioned above, will be stopped from the race and escorted to the race center using a special vehicle provided by committee.
All participants who are subject to Cut Off Points and Cut Off Time are declared as not completing the race and are not entitled to get the finisher medal, and/or the finisher tee.
- The success of Borobudur Marathon is inseparable from the role of all participants, organizers, and local residents.
Borobudur Marathon using public roads for the route. Therefore, when used the road will be very sterile. However, it cannot be closed for too long so that residents can remain comfortable using public roads. When each point is complete, the community can use the road again.
- Safety of all runners.
By knowing the COP information in advance, we expect participants can and will manage their training plan, so they can run comfortably on race day.