All participants are required to read and understand the rules and regulations (“Rules & Regulations”) before registering for the Borobudur Marathon 2019. Please note that participants constitute as those who are received Borobudur Marathon’s official email confirming the entry to the Borobudur Marathon 2019 (“Participant/Participants”).
- By registering to the race of Borobudur Marathon 2019 (“Race”), Participant has agreed to fully accept and shall comply to the Rules & Regulations.
- Race distances offered in this year’s race are 42.195K (“Marathon”), 21.0975K (“Half Marathon”), and 10K.
- Indonesian and foreign nationals can register for this race.
- Indonesian and foreign nationals Participants can win the overall podiums (“Overall Podiums”) in Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K and will be divided into male and female class. Indonesian podiums (“Indonesian Podiums”) are only available to Indonesian citizens in Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K and will be divided into male and female class. Furthermore, for Marathon category, there will be Indonesian master podiums and will be divided into male and female class (“Marathon Indonesian Master”).
- Minimum age requirement for Marathon is eighteen (18) years old, for Half Marathon is sixteen (16) years old, 10K is fourteen (14) years old. Participants must meet the age requirement on race day (17 November 2019). Marathon Indonesian Master category is for participants who are 40 years old or older on 17 November 2019.
- Participants who are under the age of eighteen (18) on race day are required to submit a parental consent letter. A format of the letter can be downloaded HERE.
- Marshaling will be conducted throughout the race to ensure Rules & Regulations are followed.
- Participants are advised to solicit medical advice from doctor relating their health condition prior to taking part in the race. Participants acknowledge and accept that their participation in this race carry potential risks and hazards, including but not limited to accidents, physical or physical injuries, health problems, paralysis, death, damage to property and/or other losses, and other risks that are not known before and which at this time are reasonably unpredictable (“Risks and Hazards”). Risks and Hazards may occur because of Participants actions or negligence or other people’s actions or omissions, and/or the conditions of the facilities and/or equipment and the natural conditions and/or weather and/or Force Majeure (as defined below) conditions.
- The race organizer (“Race Organizer”) will not be liable to any harm or disadvantage caused by the followings including but not limited to:
- The occurrence of Risks and Hazards;
- Late arrival to the race;
- Force Majeure (as defined below).
- We highly encourage women who are pregnant to seek consultation from their doctor before participating in the race. The Race Organizer will not be responsible for complications or health issue and any other Risks and Hazards that may arise from racing during pregnancy.
- Race registration is final and may only be transferred during the transfer period. Participant who transferred his/her bib number outside of the transfer period and without using the official bib-transfer website is subject to disqualification from the race. Bib transfer only applies to those who registered through the Ballot Registration, Travel Agent Program and other programs (more information about Travel Agent Program and other programs will be available soon). Participants who register through Fast Runner Qualifying are not allowed to transfer their bibs.
- Registration fee is non-refundable. The Race Organizer reserves the right to turn down confirmed registration if any information on entry form is false, fake or not completed.
- Should the event be cancelled or reschedulled due to the Force Majeure, there shall be no refund of the entry fees paid and the Race Organizer shall not be liable for any Risks and Hazards caused. Please note that Force Majeure constitutes circumstances or conditions such as war (whether stated or not), violence, social unrest, strikes, outbreaks, accidents, fires, floods, natural disasters, embargoes, legal reasons, or the actions of the government of the Republic of Indonesia, and other similar events which can occur beyond the ability of the Race Organizer to prevent it.
- Participants must be capable of completing the full distance of each Race category, from the official start line to the official finish line, within the time limit required by the Race Organizer (Cut Off Time and Cut Off Point). Please note that the official time calculation is the authority of the Race Organizer.
- The submission of online registration form through the Borobudur Marathon official website (and special link from the Race Organizer to Travel Agent program and other programs) is considered as an acknowledgement and acceptance of the Rules & Regulations.
- Payment confirmation e-mail, along with its associated registration ID, will be sent immediately after our system successfully receive and verify Participant payment.
- The Race Organizer reserves the right to close the registration before the registration deadline and/or when the race quota is fulfilled.
- The Participants agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participants contained in the registration form. The Participants are responsible for the information provided. The Race Organizer may contact the Participants from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Race Organizer shall be deemed as received by the Participants.
- Different time limit (Cut Off Time and Cut Off Point) and minimum age requirements are applicable to each Race category.
- Bib number is a specific personal identifiers of Participant and may not be exchanged and/or transferred without using Borobudur Marathon official bib number transfer website during the Bib Transfer Period.
- Participants race number bibs are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/sold to any other person outside of the official bib-transfer period and may only be done in the bib-transfer website of Borobudur Marathon.
- Sale and/or transfer of race entry/bibs outside of the bib-transfer period and without using the official bib-transfer website of Borobudur Marathon is strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
- Bibs must be collected on:
Thursday and Friday, 14-15 November 2019 at 10:00 – 20:00 WIB & Saturday, 16 November 2019 at 10.00 – 18.00 WIB
- Location of the Race Pack Collection will be at Ballroom Artos Hotel, Jalan Mayjend Bambang Sugeng No. 1, Magelang, Central Java, 56172, Indonesia.
- Bib number will be given upon the submission of race registration confirmation and identification card. Bib number must be clearly visible during the race. The Race Organizer has the authority to withhold the bib number and race pack in certain conditions such as the violation to the Rules & Regulations, indication of falsification and other similar conditions.
- Race pack cannot be mailed and cannot be collected on race day.
- If Participant is found to have registered for two different categories under the same name, the Race Organizer reserves the right to withhold all of the bib numbers and race pack, and disqualify Participant from the Race.
- Bibs and race pack can only be collected by a representative of the Participants (“Race Pack Collector”) by submitting an online request through the Borobudur Marathon official website. The details will be available soon.
- Participants are ONLY allowed to start according to the start time of the distance category and the maximum time limit to start the race is 15 minutes after the gun start.
- Participant who is found to commit unsportsmanlike conduct that includes but not limited to the blocking, obstructing other Participants and/or the run course will be automatically disqualified from the race.
- Hydration stations will be available along the run course and at the finish line. Fruit station will be available at the finish line.
- NO UNOFFICIAL VEHICLES, BIKES, IN-LINE SKATES, SKATEBOARDS, BABY JOGGERS, WHEELCHAIR, PRAMS (OF ANY DESCRIPTION) WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE COURSE.
- NO PET of any kind with or without leash is allowed on the run course.
- Participants may not dress in clothing or wearing gear that may be dangerous, hurtful or cause harm to themselves and/or other Participants. Participants shall not run with the whole part of the face covered.
- Participants shall not dress inappropriately for a sports event or in clothing that is unpleasant to other Participants or spectators.
- Participants shall not run in clothes for the purpose of political or religious assertions or propaganda, as well as advertising.
- Participants shall not use any article that could cause other Participants to mistakenly recognize as signal and cause confusion to the Race Organizer, or use any device with a strong sound volume that could disturb other Participants.
- Participants shall not perform any act that can cause a delay to the race such as dancing, performing, playing instruments, standing near the start or finish lines, or in the streets along the course.
- The Race Organizer is not responsible for any form of fundraising conducted by Participants in Borobudur Marathon. The responsibility is attached to the relevant Participants.
- Participants shall not prevent pedestrians from crossing the course or obstructing the passage of emergency vehicles at certain points, when and where they are allowed to do so.
- Race time will be displayed at the start and finish line. Participants shall fulfill the Cut Off Time as follows: seven (7) hours for Marathon, four (4) hours for Half Marathon n, and two (2) hours for 10K.
- The Race Organizer will enforce Cut Off Points in several race categories, among others:
Cut Off Point Marathon Category:
- Cut Off Time at KM 21.1 at 09:00 WIB / 4 hours after Marathon start. Marathon Participants who arrive at KM 21.1 after 09:00 WIB will be stopped from the race and will be escorted using the vehicle to the race center.
- Cut Off Time at KM 35 at 11:00 WIB / 6 hours after Marathon start. Marathon Participants who arrive at KM 35 after 11:00 WIB will be stopped from the race and will be escorted using the vehicle to the race center.
Cut Off Point Half Marathon Category:
- Cut Off Time at KM 15 at 08:30 WIB / 3 hours after starting Half Marathon. Half Marathon Participants who arrive at KM 15 after 08:30 WIB will be stopped from the race and will be escorted using the vehicle to the race center.
- All Participants who arenot complied the Cut Off Time & Cut Off Points, and the disqualified Participants,, are declared as not completing the Race and are not entitled to get the finisher medal and the finisher tee.
- Participant shall not obstruct the race by failing to follow the instructions of the Race Organizer.
- Race Organizer reserves the right to stop Participants from continuing the Race if Participants are behaving in a manner deemed to be inappropriate to the Race, and such Participant shall be disqualified from the Race.
- Items that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other Participants or may cause danger or risk of danger to themselves or other Participants are prohibited.
- Road safety is under control of the relevant police department and transportation services. Medical services are provided by the Race Organizer in cooperation with local hospitals and care takers. Medical personnel are allowed to stop Participants they see medically unable to continue the race.
- Timekeeping will be prepared for every category. All Participants will be given bib number with timing chip to be worn during the race. Check points will be placed at the start/finish line, and at designated timing points to ensure all Participants are following the official race course. Participants who failed to follow the official race course will be disqualified from the race.
- Participants who win the race (“Winner/Winners”) must wear the assigned timing chip and bib number. Winners must provide proof of identification to redeem the prize.
- Winner who cannot provide valid proof of identification is subject to disqualification and may not redeem the prize.
- Participants expressly and exclusively grant the Race Organizer and its assignee, the irrevocable right to use Participants name, likeness, biography, factually or otherwise in connection with the production, distribution and publication of the images, photographs, and other proprietary rights related to the running event, world-wide in any and all devices, media or publications.
- Copyright and other proprietary rights (if any) of images, photographs, articles, race records, and location information, covering the event, and their usage right for TV broadcasting, newspapers, magazines, the internet, and other media or publications belongs to the Race Organizer. This also includes but not limited to the names and other personal information such as age and address (country, province and city) of the Participants.
- From time to time the Race Organizer may modify the Rules & Regulations in our sole discretion without prior notice, so please continue to review the Rules & Regulations whenever accessing or using the Borobudur Marathon official website.
- Other things that have not been listed in this Rules & Regulations will be determined later by the Race Organizer.
- Winner who are Indonesian citizens are eligible for the Overall Podiums or Indonesian Podiums prize money (whichever amount is higher). Such Winner may only take one prize from one of the relevant podium (no double dipping).
- Winner who are foreign nationals only eligible for the Overall Podiums prize money.
- Winner who are Indonesian citizens in the aged of 40+ on race day, are eligible for Overall Podiums, Indonesian Podiums, or Marathon Indonesian Master (whichever amount is higher). Such Winner may only take one prize from one of the relevant podium (no double dipping).
- Please note that the prize money may be taxed in accordance with the applicable regulations.
- The withdrawing process of the prize will be done within 20 business days from the race day. The Winner should ensure the accuracy of bank account, address, and swift code (for foreign nationals Winner) which required by the Race Organizer. Failure to accuracy is the responsibility of the relevant Winner.
This Rules & Regulations are made in the Indonesian and English language. In the event that there is any discrepancy between the Indonesian version and the English version, the Indonesian version shall prevail.